A quick tip for anyone who upgraded to Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and somehow has “Autobahn” installed. To remove Autobahn (shown as “com.swarmcast.autobahn” in your console log) and stop the constant popups asking you to install a Java runtime:
- Click your user name in the sidebar of a Finder window.
- Click “Go” in the top menu while, then press “option” on your keyboard to make “Library” visible. Click “Library”. Verify that you are in username/Library and not harddrivename/Library.
- Click the “Application Support” folder.
- Click the “Swarmcast” folder.
- Double-click the uninstall script.
- Popups should stop.
To summarize: the offending program is found in
There should be an uninstall script in that folder. Run it to uninstall Autobahn.
More information on the now hidden Library -
Dots & Thoughts – OS X Lion : the hidden Library
If you’re getting the CS5ServiceManager java runtime notice see this post -
Dots & Thoughts – Speed up Adobe CS5 apps launch